Vital Healthcare Property Trust is an NZSX-listed investment fund that invests in high-quality health and medical-related properties in New Zealand and Australia. Our tenants are hospital and healthcare operators who provide a wide range of medical and health services and carry out vital research.
Our properties provide the specialised facilities medical and healthcare professionals need to make a positive difference in people’s lives. As a specialist provider, we understand and accommodate the needs of our healthcare tenants. It’s a niche market. And, with an ageing population across both countries, it’s also one that’s growing.
The only NZSX-listed healthcare property fund
Ours is the only medical and healthcare property investment fund listed on the NZSX. It is structured as (and subject to the rules governing) a Unit Trust. Our aim is to provide a medium-return, low-risk investment. We achieve this through sound diversification and careful risk management.
Experienced healthcare property managers
Vital Healthcare Management Limited manages the Trust and is owned by NorthWest Healthcare Properties REIT (TSX: NWH.UN), a leading global healthcare real estate investment trust based in Toronto, Canada, with extensive experience in healthcare property investment.
Acquiring, developing and managing healthcare facilities
Our properties are diversified and have historically included ownership of surgical and medical facilities, primary healthcare and health support facilities and aged care facilities. The portfolio is currently weighted (87% by value) towards acute surgical, rehabilitation and psychiatric hospitals. The healthcare services delivered across these hospitals are extremely diverse. The drivers of healthcare real estate including a growing and ageing population support our core investments in hospitals and they also bolster other real estate assets tied to healthcare, including aged care facilities, life sciences laboratories, medical office and supporting distribution facilities. We will consider appropriate opportunities to grow our scale, diversify our tenant base and improve our leading portfolio metrics through further astute acquisition and investment decisions.
A focused approach to healthcare property investment
The principal objectives of the Trust are to:
- acquire or design, build, manage and enhance properties associated with the provision of healthcare services
- build the Trust's capital base and increase property values through rental growth and sound management
- maximise the return to investors, consistent with the objective of the stable, long-term development of the property portfolio
- provide investors with access to scale properties in a diversified portfolio across healthcare sectors
- provide tenants with superior environments for their patients and staff
- maintain a structured, low-risk capital and treasury management policy and
- focus on the New Zealand and Australian markets.