We have set short, medium and long-term targets for our People, Practice and Places to ensure we are helping to deliver better outcomes for individuals, tenants and communities.
As a specialist healthcare property owner we are seeking to ensure sustainability of the Trust and its asset base. This is consistent with our strategy of holding assets for long-term rental return and capital growth rather than viewing them as trading assets.
Short term goalsOur short term (FY22) sustainability goals are:
- Continue to improve diversity on the Board and in Management*
- Focus on mentoring and career progression
- Encourage greater community involvement
- Continue existing professional development
- Establish baseline environmental reporting
- Meet distribution guidance and AFFO target
- Maintain prudent payout ratio
- Continue charitable and community support programs
- Extend and diversify debt
- Participate in third-party assessments through GRESB and CDP
- Improve our CDP score
- Deploy sustainability initiatives with key stakeholders including tenants
- Continue to progress investigation of additional solar installations
Medium Term GoalsOur medium term sustainability goals are to:
- Reduce GHG emissions from Vital’s portfolio and NorthWest REIT’s operations;
- Increase the “green” attributes, such as solar energy use, waste and water use reduction;
- Prefer green buildings for acquisitions and ensure that new developments adopt green principles;
- Support our tenants to improve patient outcomes, employee amenities and reduce their environmental impacts;
- Support our host communities through charitable giving, volunteering and the provision of key infrastructure that accords with their healthcare, environmental and economic needs and aspirations; and
- Ensure a majority of our portfolio meets a framework of standards denoting green building status.